- A separate bedroom with double bed, closet, and floor lamp.
- Furnished living/dining area with couch, end table, desk and chair.
- Kitchen with fridge, stove, and microwave.
- Bathroom with shower or bathtub.
- High-Speed Cable Internet connection.
- Approximately 390 square feet.
Eligibility & Fees
One Bedroom Apartments are open to all qualifying couples (without children), 20 years or older, and at least one member of the couple being a full-time student.
General Eligibility Requirement
To qualify for residency at St. Andrew's Hall, the applicant must be a full-time student (9 credits per term) at the University of British Columbia or at an affiliated college. (Undergraduate students must be registered in winter session for a minimum of 9 credits in each of Term I and Term II or equivalent as defined by UBC or the colleges. Graduate students must get confirmation of full time status from the Faculty of Graduate Studies.)
Distance Education courses that do require classroom attendance will not be considered.
- Payments are due in advance on the 1st day of each month. Postdated cheques should be provided upon arrival.
- Security deposits and first month's fees are to be paid within the time specified in the letter/e-mail approving the residence application.
- Since St. Andrew's Hall is a college of the Presbyterian Church in Canada, priority is given to Presbyterian theology students and others from our congregations.
- Priority will be given to leases for twelve months or longer for all suite types.
- Priority will be given to existing residents of St. Andrew's Hall who apply before February 15th for the next academic year. However, St. Andrew’s Hall reserves the right to refuse housing applications from existing residents.
- Townhouses are designed to meet the needs of families. Priority will be given to families with children (maximum of two).
- One-bedroom apartments are designed to meet the needs of couples. Priority will be given to couples. If space is available, consideration will be given to a single student for each unit.
- Studio Apartments are for single occupancy only.
Co-Ed Quad Accommodations
- There is no guarantee of single-gender occupancy.
- Residence in the quads does not create the relationship between tenant and landlord. A licensee-licensor relationship exists. St. Andrew's Hall reserves the right to request a student to withdraw from quad residence on twenty-four hours' notice where circumstances appear to the Dean to warrant such action.
- All Quad applicants will be considered individually. St. Andrew's Hall will attempt to honour requests for roommates, which will be best facilitated by all completed applications being received together. Only requests made at the time of application will be considered. However, there is no guarantee that roommate requests can be accommodated.
Lease Periods and Guarantees
- Lease periods will end on April 28th for Quads. For studios, one bedroom units, and townhouses, lease periods will end on the last day of April, May, June, July or August.
- Guarantees of accommodation for the next academic year will not be given.
- No month-to-month lease arrangements can be made following a lease period.
- Only fish in aquariums of 10 gallons or less will be permitted.
- No smoking is allowed in or near any St. Andrew's Hall facilities.
St. Andrew's Hall is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, access to housing and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation.
For more information, please contact us.
Any complaint regarding housing should be referred initially to the Housing Manager or the Dean of St. Andrew's Hall. The BC Residential Tenancy Branch has no jurisdiction in university housing.
You may contact here.
Facilities & Parking
- St. Andrew's Hall is a no smoking residence, and pets are not allowed in the building.
- There are coin laundry facilities and locked bicycle storage facilities available in the building.
- Snack vending
- Internet, electricity, heating and water are included in residence fees.
- Letter of acceptance will enclose information regarding what is provided in the suites.
Parking at St. Andrew's Hall is by permit only for an extra fee for vehicles owned by residents. There is no free parking at St. Andrew’s Hall.