Summer Residence Information
During the summer months (May 1st to August 26th) we open our vacant rooms and apartments, welcoming visitors to Vancouver and Beautiful British Columbia.
St. Andrew’s Hall operates a residence for full-time students on the University of British Columbia campus. St. Andrew’s Hall has 93 apartments, built in 1995, providing shared or self-contained housing for single students, couples and families.
St. Andrew’s Hall, located on the scenic University of British Columbia campus, is just 30 minutes from downtown Vancouver. With easy access to public transportation, the city of Vancouver is conveniently accessible. Our residence is minutes’ walk from both Vancouver beaches and the beautiful trails of Pacific Spirit Park.
Bookings must be arranged in advance. All applications are subject to availability at the time when a complete application is received. No booking is guaranteed until confirmed by St. Andrew's Hall by email.
All applications must include a VISA/MasterCard number to guarantee payment and process applications. However, credit cards are not accepted for payment.
To begin the application process please apply here.
Information regarding group accommodation can be provided upon request. Please contact housing with specific inquiries.
All payments can be made by cash, cheque or money order payable to St. Andrew's Hall in Canadian funds. Credit/debit card, US dollars, and US cheques are not accepted.
Full payment is due upon arrival and prior to receiving the keys.
A minimum stay of two (2) nights is normally required.
For all room types, we provide one set of bedding, but no towels. No housekeeping services are provided, and no toiletries are in suites/rooms. The apartments have kitchens equipped with major appliances (fridge, stove, and microwave), but no cooking or eating utensils.
A coin-operated laundry facility available to all guests. There are locked bike storage units also available for the convenience of guests.
- If the number of nights booked is between 2 and 6 nights, 48 hours notice is required or a penalty of one night's accommodation cost will be levied.
- If the number of nights booked is between 7 and 14 nights, 10 days notice is required or a penalty of 25% of the total bill will be levied.
- If the number of nights booked is 15 nights or more, 30 days notice is required or a penalty of 25% of the total bill will be levied.
Specific cancellation policy for a group is determined and advised upon confirmation, depending on its size, length of stay, etc.
To change or cancel a booking, notice is calculated back from check-in (2:00 p.m.) on the scheduled day of arrival.
Check-In is between 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
It is important that we know whether you will be arriving during or after office hours, so please be sure to indicate this on your application form.
Only pre-arranged late arrivals (until 1:00 AM) can be accommodated.
A CAD$20 fee is charged per room for arrivals after 10:00 PM.
Check-Out is before 10:00 AM
Keys must be left at the front desk of the Housing Office or in the Early Morning Key Drop-off outside of office hours on the day of scheduled departure.
We ask that the bed linen is left in the room and that all garbage and food be removed when departing.
Guests are expected to do basic cleaning of the apartment with cleaning supplies provided.
Facilities, Parking & Cleaning
- St. Andrew's Hall is a non-smoking residence, and pets are not allowed in the building.
- There are coin laundry facilities in the building and locked bicycle storage facilities are available.
- High-speed cable Internet provided. We suggest guests bring their own ethernet cable. If guests require wifi, they may also bring and install their own router and access the complimentary highspeed internet in their units.
- Phones are not provided.
Parking at St. Andrew's Hall is by permit only. Please see the fees which include parking in the section for “Fees”. There is no free parking on campus.
- Guests are responsible for cleaning their rooms/suites while they are here. No housekeeping services are provided. Cleaning materials are supplied in each unit.
- For all room types, bed linen is provided, but no towels.
- No toiletries or cooking/eating utensils are provided.